The Parish Church of
   Home      About us

Peterlee St. Curthbert ChurchHistory of the Church

Peterlee St. Cuthbert is one of four churches in the town; it is the only Anglican church in Peterlee and serves a parish of 20,500. It was built in 1957 in the heart of the Peterlee 'new town' development. The church won a bronze medal design award when it was built and holds up to 500 people.
It has a small attached community hall with kitchen and toilets that hosts a number of activities. The building is dedicated to St. Cuthbert, he was a venerated religious figure, and a successful preacher who was responsible for the spread of Christianity in the North of England.


The people of Peterlee St Cuthbert



What we believe

St Cuthbert’s is a Christian church who meet together weekly and express a faith which is shared by millions world wide. Core to that belief is the relationship with have with God through Jesus Christ, the commitment to follow Christ and to love others as Jesus loves us. As Christians we believe that God created the world in which we live, that Jesus, His Son came and lived among us, died and rose again for us and that the Holy Spirit is at work in the world guiding us and transforming our society.